There are a zillion types of knives being used in the kitchens all around the globe at this very moment. But why does every chef and cook opt for a set of global knives? Do you ever wonder? Well, they have really good reasons!
Global knives are supposed to be the best of their kind by the entire world. They have really fine, thin blades that also happen to be quite durable. Affordability is also one of the best features of this set. Hence, chefs absolutely love it! There are many types of these knives, however. Following are the pros and cons of all the knives:
- Since the blades are really fine and sharp, the cuts you can make are excellent and fine too.
- All the knife blades are made of stainless steel.
- All the knives are durable and strong.
- All the knives are efficiently balanced.
- All the knives are very light in weight. They are not heavy which automatically makes them easy to handle.
- All the knives get all the kitchen jobs done.
- Since all the knives have blades as sharp as a razor blade, the cuts they make are very precise and fine.
- They are also not too pricey. Anyone can purchase them. That is why they are everyone’s ideal set for global knives.
- The vegetables are very easy to cut because the knife set includes special kitchen knives manufactured to cut the vegetables only.
- Every knife has its own set of qualities and purpose of use.
- The global knife set also comes with a knife block.
- There is no use for a knife block made out of plastic. But that is inevitable sometimes with these global knife sets.
- Sometimes, a set does not have any knife block at all! That can very turning off.
Types of Knives in the Global Knife Set:
- Paring Knife: Paring knife makes the process of peeling quite easy for the user. It even helps in easy removal of seeds from the fruit and vegetables.
- Utility Knife: This one is the best if you have to make real precise and neat cuts. For example, cutting a sandwich into half. It is also sharp enough to use on any kind of meat.
- Prep Knife: This knife is the largest in size. All the jobs that cannot be done with a smaller or medium sized knife is the job of the prep knife. A prep knife is also referred to as a chef’s utility knife.
- Nakiri Knife: The nakiri knife is the go to knife for when you have to dice vegetables. It is sharp and handy.
- Chef’s Knife: A chef’s knife can be used for all kinds of purposes. It is a multi-purpose tool.
- Bread Knife: The name says it all. It is not a sharp knife because it has only one purpose. To spread your jam on your bread. It is not sharp.